Follow these tips to keep your jewellery in tip-top condition:
- Use a soft dry cloth to clean your jewellery, do not use jewellery cleaner or similar products.
- Protect your jewellery in organza bags or padded jewellery boxes when not in use.
- Store your jewellery at normal/ dry room temperature (never in bathrooms/ humid areas)
- Be careful not to knock your jewellery against a solid object or drop on a hard surface.
- Do not wear your jewellery when sleeping.
- Do not wear your jewellery in the shower or during hand washing.
- Do not spray perfume directly on beads, pearls, leather, crystals or metal.
- Although the watch construction is water resistant, do not dive while wearing your time pieces.
- Do not wear your jewellery during any sports activities.
- Should your jewellery get wet, dry it immediately with a soft cloth.
- Please note that the faceted CRYSTALLIZED TM - Swarovski Elements are breakable.
- Avoid heavy physical activity while wearing these items.
- Rings must be removed before performing household tasks such as cleaning / gardening.
- Do not use any jewellery cleaner or abrasive.
BELLA BALLOU SCARVES
HOW DO I CARE FOR MY SILK SCARF?
To preserve the beauty of your silk scarf, avoid contact with rain and harsh chemicals, and we recommend that you leave it to a specialized cleaning professional.
If you want to wash by hand, follow these instructions:
- Fill your washbasin with lukewarm water (approx. 30) and add a special detergent suitable for silk..
- Put your scarf in the sink, gently swirl it around in the soapy water until it is completely soaked.
- Do not twist or rub the silk, but let it soak for a while if there are visible stains.
- Pour out the soapy wter and pour in some new, fresh, cold water, and gently swirl your scarf around to loosen dirt and soap back. Repeat until the water runs clean.
- To dry, lay the silk scarf flat on a clean towel, then press and roll the towel to gently squeeze out excess water. Do not tumble dry.
- Always iron on the lowest heat and when the scarf is still damp. Do not use stain evaporation as this may cause permanent stains.
Keep your scarf neatly folded in the box that came with it. Note that jewellery and other accessories risk tearing threads or otherwise damaging the scarf's slightly delicate fabric. Silk exposed to direct sunlight for an extended period of time will damage the fibers.
HOW DO I CARE FOR MY WOOL SCARF?
Woolen scarves and hats are great in the cold winter months or cool summer evenings, to keep you warm and look great at the same time. Although it is a strong, natural material, it is important that you treat it properly to keep it well for many years. We recommend that you send it to a specialized, professional dry cleaner to keep your Bella Ballou scarf nice and fresh year after year. If you want to wash by hand, follow these instructions:
- Fill your washbasin with lukewarm water (approx. 30) and add a special detergent suitable for woold
- Put your woolen scarf in and gently swirl it in the soapy water until it is completely soaked.
- Do not twist or rub the wool, but let it soak for a while if there are visible stains
- Pour out the soapy water, and pour in some new, fresh, cold water, and gently swirl your scarf / hat around to loosen dirt and soap. Repeat until the water runs clean
- To dry, lay it flat on a clean towel, then press and roll the towel to gently squeeze out excess water. When it is still moist, carefully reshape the wool to the correct shape. You can let it dry completely on a clothesline. Do not tumble dry.
Air dry your wool scarf or hat: As wool is naturally antibacterial due to its lanolin content, it has self-cleaning properties. Often ventilation of wool is enough. Just shake it and hang it outside to clean itself and freshen up. Do not expose to direct sunlight for an extended period of time as this will damage the fibers.
MARKBERG LEATHER CARE
Did you know that your leather products need care and maintenance, the same way your body does?
If you have a product made of vegetable tanned leather, it’s important to make sure you only use organic care products. Vegetable tanned leather is based on natural materials, which therefore cannot withstand care products with chemical ingredients:
Organic Protect & Care Spray
This spray protects the leather from dirt, grease and moisture. The spray nourishes the leather without the use of chemicals, and protects the oil-based surface with olive oil.
We recommend using organic cream for products made of antique leather, where the leather has become matte or dry over time. This lotion protects and revives the leather to keep it soft and supple. The cream nourishes the leather without the use of chemicals and protects the oil-based surface.
If your product is made of one of the textured leather types, such as grain, cow and snake, it naturally also requires care. In this case, it’s a good idea to use one of the care products shown below, which both protect and treat your product. Organic care products can also be used on these types of leather.
This spray protects the surface of the leather from dirt, grease and moisture. The spray nourishes the leather, refreshes the colors and allows the leather to breathe. The spray also provides UV protection.
Use a leather lotion if the leather has become matte or dry with time. This lotion protects and revives the leather, keeping it soft and supple. The lotion is based on aloe vera and valuable oils that are specially developed for high-quality leather.
Suede is a type of leather with a napped finish, which often results in a bag with a soft look. When buying and caring for suede, it’s important to be aware that suede unfortunately is not 100% colour-fast. This isn’t because Markberg uses poor quality leather ‒ far from it! We therefore always recommend treating your suede product with an impregnating agent before use. This will strengthen the leather and the color of the bag and protect against water and moisture. The impregnating agent cannot make the suede 100% colour-fast, but it can help.