Your Necklace Length Guide: Styling and Stacking Your Necklaces
Choosing the right necklace length can be challenging, but it doesn't have to be. With a little knowledge of necklace lengths, pendant styles, and necklace stacking, you can create a personalised look that suits your style and body type.
In this necklace length guide, we'll explore different features of specific necklace styles, such as lengths and pendant styles, and offer tips for stacking necklaces. We'll also provide insights into shopping for designer necklaces and jewellery online.
Necklaces come in many lengths, ranging from chokers to extra-long chains. Here are some common necklace lengths and their recommended uses:
- Choker (40cm): A choker necklace sits high on the neck and is best for pairing with high necklines, such as turtlenecks or collared shirts.
- Princess (50cm): A princess necklace sits just below the collarbone and is a versatile length worn with most necklines. This length is a popular choice for everyday wear.
- Matinee (60cm): A matinee necklace sits just above the bust and is a great choice for formal events or garments with lower necklines.
- Opera (80cm): An opera necklace sits below the bust and can be worn as a single long strand or doubled up for a layered look.
- Rope (over 85cm): A rope necklace is an extra-long chain that's easy to style. Different styling includes wrapped around the neck multiple times or worn as a long single strand.
The pendant style is another important feature when choosing a necklace length. Pendants can range from simple and understated to bold and statement-making. Here are some pendant styles and their recommended necklace lengths:
- Small pendants: A shorter necklace length, such as a choker or princess-length necklace, is recommended for small and delicate pendants.
- Medium pendants: For medium-sized pendants, a matinee-length necklace works well.
- Large pendants: For large and bold pendants, an opera or rope-length necklace can help balance out the statement-making piece.
Necklace stacking is a popular trend that involves layering multiple necklaces of different lengths and styles. Here are some tips for necklace stacking:
- Start with a base necklace: Choose a simple necklace, such as a choker or princess-length necklace, as your base layer.
- Add a pendant necklace: Choose a pendant necklace that complements your base necklace and add it as a second layer.
- Mix and match: Experiment with different necklace lengths and styles to create a unique look that suits your style.
Tips for Shopping for Jewellery Online
When shopping for designer necklaces and jewellery online, choose a reputable retailer that offers high-quality products. Here are some additional tips for shopping for jewellery online:
- Read product descriptions carefully to ensure you get your preferred length and style.
- Look for customer reviews to get an idea of the quality and fit of the jewellery.
- Consider the return policy before purchasing just in case the jewellery doesn't meet your expectations.
Experimenting with necklace lengths and styles is a fun and creative process. You can create a striking look that showcases your personality by considering your unique style, body type, and occasion. Following the trend of necklace stacking, you can take your look to the next level by layering multiple necklaces of different lengths and styles. Don't be afraid to experiment and have fun with your jewellery.
Look for quality to ensure you get the most out of your purchase. Choose a reputable jewellery store when shopping for designer necklaces online. What are you waiting for? Start experimenting with necklace styles today!